Gatekeeper
Mother, I have used this before to honor You, and I do so again.
Hekate is the Gate.
Hekate is the Key and the Guardian of the Gate.
Past, Present, Future
All are Hekate.
In Lovecraft's mind, the Mythos was not the Cthulhu Mythos. It was the Yog-Sothoth Mythos. These days, fans treat Yog-Sothoth like a barely present technicality in the structure of the worldbuilding. Other Old Ones are more exciting! And they show up more in stories, so there's more information.
Oh, but Mother, You know how I'm drawn to gatekeepers. Of course I noticed how that little verse of text applies to You!
It is my being drawn to gatekeepers that is on my mind. I say that I am only devoted to one deity - Yourself - and that other relationships with Shining Ones are a less locked in experience. (I've been struggling with what that means about Hermes, with the way plans have changed for us moving.) But I've been wondering for a few days now...am I devoted to Ganesha? Is it something that became very real with time, even if I've never officially sworn an oath?
And then I started to see parallels between You and Ganesha. I don't believe all Shining Ones are just different aspects of one deity. Not the way it is often meant. Everything that exists is/are various parts of a Whole, but that doesn't erase individuality. While I can understand You as Einalia pairing well with Sobek, You are not Sobek. The same goes for You and Hermes. There are things You and Heimdall have in common as gatekeepers, as well as You and Papa Legba, but You aren't either of them. And none of them are the same as each other.
There are some things about Ganesha, though, that I see the two of You having more in common than You have with others I might name. Not just as gatekeepers, but also You as Soul of the World. I don't see You as the same, but it would seem You would be parts of each other in the same ways. Like a simpler way of stating it would be that either You are part of Ganesha, or Ganesha is part of You. But I also understand this doesn't have to be an either/or thing. Both could be true.
I find myself confused. I also feel like I'm close to understanding something, while also knowing this may be as close as I get. Maybe I will understand more with time. Maybe it's something humans cannot understand. Maybe I'll just end up accepting it without fuller comprehension.
That still leaves me wondering if I've been devoted to Ganesha all this time. Or if it's possible that it's a different kind of devotion.
Comments
Post a Comment